A few days ago, Workspace Environment Management (WEM) Version 1808 was published. Below an introduction to WEM and a guide to upgrade to version 1808.
Workspace Environment Management is a Performance Management and UEM (User Environment Management) tool from Citrix. It is licensed to all customers with Virtual Apps/Virtual Desktop Advanced and Premium (formerly XenApp/XenDesktop Enterprise and Platinum) Versions, as well as an active customer success services. Workspace Environment Management is a Performance Management and UEM (User Environment Management) tool from Citrix.
Upgrade to Version 1808
- Upgrade to Version 1808
- Download and extract new WEM package WEM 1808
- On the WEM broker, start the extracted Citrix Workspace Environment Management Infrastructure Services Setup.exe
- Click in the install dialog Next until the Setup Type. Select here Complete
- Then run the Database Management Utility tool and start the database update
- In the following windows, check the existing login data for the previously existing WEM SQL database to deposit and start the upgrade of the database
- Confirm the warning about the upgrade and wait until the following message of the tool appears
- After the successful upgrade of the database, the configuration must be checked using the WEM Infrastructure service configuration Utility.
- Check the licensing and database settings and if necessary correct it
- Save configuration and let broker service restart
- Now only the WEM console and the agent must be reinstalled on the existing machines (no uninstall of the old version is necessary)